Email Alert quick guide
Our unique Email Alert System is extremely powerful but we have tried to make it as easy to use as possible. Once you have set up your alerts, you will be able to keep track on the conditions that suit your needs so this page is designed to be a very quick guide to help you get to grips with the system.
3 steps set up guide
- Before using the Big Salty Email Alert System, you must sign up and set up a location Watchlist. The Watchlist will contain the locations you may wish to track.
- Decide for each alert location below whether you want to use a 'Wind Alert' or 'Custom Alert'. Click the control icon in the respective column to open the control panel.
- If you choose the 'Wind Alert' trigger system:
- Set your minimum Wind Star Rating and click 'save'. The green control panel icon in the 'Wind Alert' column indicates set up has been successful.
- Set either wind or swell configurations or both. Set a wind configuration for each direction you are interested in tracking and click 'Add'. Likewise, set your chosen wave configurations for each swell direction you wish to track and click 'Add'. Keep adding as many direction configurations you need.
If this isn't quite what you are looking for, try our FAQs page here.